How can one be considered a writer? The truth is, majority of the world’s population are writers. Some write to express, some to share, some to impress. The very first day when we are demanded to come out with a short sentence, is the day we could call ourselves writers, regardless of language.
So why we write? There are times when words are louder than voices, when ignorance do not exist in literatures, and when most ideas can only fit best in words. When one reads, all that is seen are words of ideas and expressions of feelings, not discrimination nor the impressions of the writers. The point is, nobody cares who the writer is or think about how foolish his or her ideas could be. The only time when one decides to not be ignorant, is when one is reading. Words are perhaps the best way to get ideas across efficiently.
Now with that being said, how do we know if we are fit to be writers? First off, writing is best done with you being anonymous. That is why writers often come out with their own pseudonyms. If you are anonymous, your writings will be from your heart, and not how you want the society to look at you. This way, your writings will be filled with sincerity and enable readers to feel what you have to share.
Write to express, not to impress. There is no point if you write to impress. Nobody in this world will be able to please everyone, and so is a writer trying to please all his or her readers. Doing so is just ridiculously impossible, so why try? Write because you want to spread your words. That is the very first intention that should come to you whenever you get the inspiration to write.
These are the basic facts that one should know before they start to share their writings. Everyone can write, but are they fit to be a writer? However, remember that writers are also one of the best readers.
If one can not listen, one can not speak. If one can not read, one can not write.
I’ve often meet people who find it hard to blend in with people around them or to find courage to actually stand and fight for what they want. They are either too shy or suffering from great insufficient of self-esteem. The fact is, this is normal. In fact, I have experienced through it. How to actually improve yourself? The keyword here is, “Overcome“.
- Be better than you were the day before, the next day. Always aim to improve in at least 1 aspect of your qualities on the next day. If you failed to do so, do not despair. The bright side of it is that, at least that particular quality of yours did not grow backwards.
- Know the meaning of courage. In many times, you may choose to avoid a battle because you feel afraid. Know that, it is perfectly perfect to be a coward. In fact, the more cowardly you are, just proves your intelligence. Only an idiot would stand head to head with a threat he could not overturn. Courage is when you decide to overcome. When you believe you do something because you need to, not because you wish you could. If you need courage in anything that you may do, think of the reason why, and stand for the reason, not by your bravery. Use your courage.
- Get an Overcome Partner. If you are coincidentally a close friend to someone who has his/her self-esteem at a perfect level, this will work for you. Use him/her as your “aim-setter”. Whenever you wanted to try for something, ask them what would they do and take their considerations strongly. Of course, make sure that their rationality is in check. As long as their answers are logical, accept them. Tell yourself that, if they are confident enough to grab their chances, you could pull it off too.
- Know yourself. Many thought they knew themselves, when they actually don’t. What you think of yourself is not who you are, just mere lies you tell yourself to feel optimum. Never settle for the little self-discriminator inside you. Who you are is who you think you will, want, could and should be. If you want to be better, you are better. If you will, could and think you should, then you are that anyone you will, want, could and should be.
- Be yourself, like yourself. Once you have figured out who you are, be yourself even though you can’t please everyone. If you feel like you could be better after you are brought down in any ways, it just means that you want to be better, which in turn means that you can be better and you just realised that you could and you are better than who you are now.
- Enough is abundance. When you try to improve, enough is the key. Never go limitless or you will cease to find the purpose in all this. Know when is enough so you do not lose yourself and finally end up being the society’s puppet. Once you find yourself and overcome your weak qualities to a satisfying level you know you deserve, be satisfied.
Overcome, overcome, overcome. Lastly, always remember the keyword. You can never be yourself and get your confidence and self-esteem without overcoming your fears and any other factors. If you have the will, you can polish yourself to a shine you will never believe you will ever have.